Our History

Yonkers Raceway was founded in 1899, as the Empire City Trotting Club. From 1907 through 1943, thoroughbreds replaced harness racing. Seabiscuit was one of the many famous thoroughbreds that graced this track. The Rooney Family acquired Yonkers Raceway in 1972 and MGM Resorts International purchased it from the Rooney family in 2019. The property has maintained live harness racing for over 35 years.