A Partner in the Community
Grounded by our company values, Focused on What Matters: Embracing Humanity and Protecting the Planet, MGM Resorts is committed to creating a positive impact in communities where our employees and guests live.
Empire City Casino by MGM Resorts supports nonprofit agencies that provide direct services towards residents in the communities in which our property has an impact, as well as where our employees live. Our philanthropic contributions reflect MGM Resorts commitment to corporate social responsibility and building stronger communities.
Your organization must be a registered, qualified tax-exempt, 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization serving New York communities in which we operate and where our employees live.
We fund initiatives that:
- Have a clear strategy
- Can be effectively measured to evaluate success
- Approach challenges with a commitment to long-term change
- Build an inclusive and diverse community
- Use innovation to address a social issue
We do not fund:
- Organizations in operation for less than 3 years
- Faith-based organizations
- PTA and PTO organizations, or private education institutions
- Fraternity and sorority organizations
- Athletic teams and clubs
- Capital or endowment campaigns
- Political action groups, candidates, or lobbying efforts
Empire City Casino is deeply committed to making positive contributions to the overall quality of life for residents in ours and neighboring communities. Through monetary, in-kind, and volunteerism support, we invest in charitable organizations that:
- Alleviate critical gaps in community social infrastructure, specifically food insecurity and public education.
- Improve economic development, culture, and environmental sustainability of our communities.
K-12 public education, public colleges and universities, and community colleges.
Programs that provide access to and nutritious meals for food-insecure individuals and families within the community.
Educational and training programs that align with our business and prepare individuals for sustainable career opportunities.
Programs that improve the quality of our environment and promote sustainability through education, stewardship of community ecosystems, conservation, and beautification.
We seek to get involved with nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations that align with the following principles:
- Our contributions must address the most critical needs, principally in Westchester County, and extending into our surrounding communities.
- We strive to develop partnerships and make contributions that result in systemic change and that have long-term impact.
- While in the process of engaging, we strive to cultivate leadership among our partners and offer expertise in order to sustain our good works.
- We value sustainable returns on investment and interdependence between our company and the community.
- Organizations seeking grants or sponsorship monies must demonstrate the practice and advancement of the principles of diversity and inclusion.
Do you have deadlines for application submission?
Applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the date of the event.
Will I receive a response to my application submission?
Due to the high volume of applications, only applications that can be fulfilled will receive a response.
When will I be contacted about the status of my request?
Applications are reviewed by the Charitable Giving Committee. If your organization is selected, you will be contacted at least 30 days prior to your event.
Are all applications reviewed by the Charitable Giving Committee?
Completed, timely applications will be reviewed and considered.
Can I submit a paper application?
No, all applications must be submitted through our online application process.
Will I need to submit a report of outcomes, impact, and metrics?
If selected for funding, you may be asked to provide stories of success along with high-resolution photos.
Can I apply for funding multiple times throughout the year?
Due to the volume of requests received and the limited resources, we can only accommodate one request per organization each calendar year.
If my organization is selected to receive funding, does that support guarantee future funding?
Unfortunately, no. Empire City Casino has full discretion to select a variety of organizations to support, which may change year over year.
Unfortunately, no seats are available. Please select another time or call 877-234-6358.